Saturday, June 23, 2012

Schooling Show Up the Road

I'm getting ready to mount while my working students look on

I'm on the palomino haflinger in the middle - it was his first time riding at a show



We cantered fast

We cantered round

We walked calmly
Yes my legs are actually that long
Much of the state is currently on fire in the mountains - right now 7 separate fires are burning.  By the end of the day the smoke had rolled in and everything at the show looked like this as we were heading home.
Cecil loves to travel, even to small local shows up the road.  When I loaded Cole and Tao (the pony I rode) he raced around his paddock whinnying, desperate to go with us.  My trailer fits 3 horses, so I put him in as my third.  He was immediately quiet and stood still, happy to be on the road.  After arriving at the show he unclipped his halter once and untied his leadrope once, only so that he could walk around to the "busy" side of the trailer with the tack room to come see everyone and visit.  He's a very social horse.

No comments: