Almost Conquered Bovinaphobia
Cecil
is my hero. Way to face your biggest fear in life and conquer it!
Tonight he started out honking and snorting and bucking and bolting, but
by the end of our evening at the neighbors' he was chasing a steer down
the length of the arena by himself, and at the very end of our ride he even walked
around with a small herd of cows loose in the arena with him (and his 2
brave roping horse friends). Not too shabby for the horse who used to
jump out of his pen if he could smell cattle. I am so impressed. Next week we go back to the same neighbors and hang in the arena while they have a roping practice. If he can calmly watch all that and help move the cattle into the chute I think we can call it safe to ride in open range on trailrides, making our 25 mile endurance ride in August a real possibility. I am really really proud of my boy.
1 comment:
There's a lesson here for all of us non-horses. Way to go, Cecil!
Post a Comment