A cat that looks just like this has been watching me from a distance for about a month, and I had only seen glimpses of him until recently. The other night he got trapped in the feed room with Sabbath (a feral I got about a year ago that no one saw for 6 months, but now lobbies for house-cat status), and Z (the calico that came with the house). I went out to feed in the morning and I had three kitty faces staring at me instead of my usual two. I sat down on a vitamin tub for a few minutes and instantly had 3 cats climbing all over me, the new kid rubbing his face on my hands and talking up a storm. He let me check his teeth (probably about 6 months old), check the equipment (not neutered), and pet him all over.
I think he took that month to assess the quality of living here at Bit of Honey, and to decide if I was worthy of his attention. Apparently I passed the test, because I have left the feed room door open during the day, and he has chosen to stay for 3 days now. No one other than the cats and I have interacted with him. He hides from everyone to whom I've tried to show him, but he does exist. And his color is this circling spiral striped pattern. Gorgeous. I feel special to have been so carefully chosen by a feral!

No comments:
Post a Comment