Friday, July 29, 2011

Frontier Days

 All this time living just a half hour from Cheyenne and I had never been to Frontier Days!  It's billed as "The Daddy of 'em All", the biggest rodeo in the west.  So today I went with my friend and her two daughters and we cruised around the fairgrounds.  We saw the rodeo horses (and some cowboys who did last their 8 seconds), many bulls, and lots and lots of lemonade stands! 
 Practicing our cowgirl roping skills (she was able to rope the pink calf, I wasn't.  Guess I better stick to english riding)

 Feeling glad we didn't have to rope this full-size bull!

 Running for kettle corn?  Little sister looks excited for something tasty!
My only picture from the day at the rodeo - at least I was dressed up!
 Some face painting that she decided to put on her arm so she could see it.  This girl was a great artist, she used 4 different colors and included highlighting and shading. 


1 comment:

Susan said...

Looks like a fun day! Love the dress, Kim -- but it's not really you! (Aren't you glad we don't have to dress that way every day?)