Well, the surgery was a success this morning. It only took the doctor 45 minutes to remove the fragments. I got home around lunch time and have been resting since. I am able to walk almost normal now (no more hunching over and shuffling my right leg). He also instructed me to walk more. In fact, he said that if I feel pain in my lower back, it is the pain from the incision and walking will help alleviate it. So, I was supposed to walk a total of 1 mile today, 2 miles tomorrow, three, then four, then five miles as the days go on. I am so glad that I am seeing such good results today.
We did have a little bit of excitement today just before lunch. I was sitting at the table drinking some lemonade when I started to feel nauseous. Kim grabbed me a trashcan and within a couple minutes I passed out (no vomiting, thankfully). Kim held on to me while I was in the chair and my step mom, Susan, got a cool wet cloth to wipe on my face and neck to try to revive me. After several minutes, they dragged me and my chair over to the couch and I was able to slide from the chair to the couch. They elevated my legs and I slept a little. After about 30 minutes, I finally came to. That is the first time I've ever just passed out like that. It was kind of weird. I could hear them talking, but I had no way of responding. This was a side-effect of the anesthesia.
It is quite a relief to have the surgery done and to see results so quickly. Thanks to everybody who prayed for me.
2 comments:
Slap, slap, slap...it always works in the movies
We could send a diaper over next time- the smell might revive you.
Post a Comment