Monday, January 26, 2009

Be Vewy Vewy Quiet... We're Hunting Wabbits


Last year for Christmas Owen received this stunning stable jacket in which he rides the tractor. This year for Christmas I requested that he get an Elmer Fudd hat to complement his ensemble. Various family member rose to the challenge and found this - and despite much hilarity when unwrapped at the Christmas tree it has become the coveted hat in our household. It has warm, fuzzy ear flaps, and is reminiscent of the furry Russian hat my father would don while wearing his housecoat when rushing out to the school bus to hand me my lunch in the morning in elementary school. I was mortified at the time, and now I realize I have married a younger version of my father.

2 comments:

Schmitt Family said...

That is so funny. My brother served his mission in Russia, and has about three of those hats, and loves them.
Isn't it funny how we marry men that remind us of our fathers. Scott on a daily basis reminds me of my dad.

Alexis said...

You look so handsome, Owen! What a terrific hat, if I do say so myself! :)

I think I saw that same hat on a snowplower from MI a couple weeks ago when the news was interviewing the middle of our country (or was that a country in the middle of the USA?) about the big chill hitting the area.