Sunday, April 15, 2012

Oh Behave!

 Yesterday at the first horse show of the season my working student rode Cole english - he started out being a royal pain in the caboose.  My student handled it like a champ, when I asked if she wanted me to get on to school him she said, "no, I want to do it."  So I coached her through, and by the time she was done making him speed up and slow down, do small circles, serpentines, and figure eights, she had a quite nice pony to work with.  Even the judge said in the last class that she wished there had been more competitors in the age division, because my student did such a nice job with the horse that she would have won first place no matter what, she was so accurate and precise with her riding and the horse's responses in even the most difficult transitions.  It was a remarkable transformation from rogue with behavior unbefitting a lesson horse to balanced steed, and my student did it all herself!



No comments: