Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sad Goodbye to Tally Ho




It's with a very heavy heart I must report that our Tally Ho had to be put down a little over a week ago.  Her health problems became too much for us and her, and included seizures, autoimmune disease, incontinence, eye and facial swelling, and vomiting.  We did all we could for our little hound, and she'll always live in our hearts at Bit of Honey Training.  Our "ranch in heaven" is going to have to be big to accommodate all the creatures we have loved.  As Phoenix, my friend's 6 year-old says, speaking of the resurrection, "wow - when the dogs come back you're going to have a LOT of animals!"  Some of the things I'll remember most about Tally is her yodeling (often people would ask us if there was a human child crying in the next room), her endless energy and rabbiting skills, and how she loved to nap in my chair, or on me.  She was one of the most snuggly dogs I've met and incredibly affectionate.  While she never did entirely acclimate to thin men wearing cowboy hats (smart dog), she welcomed everyone else onto the property with gusto.  Owen would always say in a high-pitched voice, "Here I come...!" As Tally would sneakily crawl into your lap on the couch.   She especially loved giving dog kisses to little girls at smooching height. 

No comments: