Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eight Things

I'm relatively certain that on other blogs I was selected to complete a survey of information about myself. I can't be sure as there could be other "Kim L's" who may have been the intended recipients of the tagging, but I thought the info might be educational for those regularly frequenting Country Livin'.

8 TV shows I like:
A difficult distinction as I am more movie than TV watcher.

1 - LOST
2 - Simpsons
3 - Biggest Loser
4 - Bones
5 - Ellen Degeneres
... and I guess that's all folks!

8 things that happened yesterday:

1 - did barn chores
2 - worked 4 horses
3 - taught 3 riding lessons
4 - doctored horse wounds
5 - narrowly missed getting kicked while performing above task
6 - fed the dogs and cats
7 - fed the full-time missionaries
8 - read all of your blogs

8 places I like to eat:
Also a difficult designation since we're too cheap to eat out very often, so this list includes places where I've ever enjoyed eating.

1 - Enzio's (local Italian eatery in old town Fort Collins)
2 - Subway
3 - Owen's parents house
4 - home
5 - our backyard under the tree
6 - Suehiro's (Japanese place also in Old Town)
7 - The Charthouse in Steamboat Springs
8 - Bethnie and Goldlin's (our friends in Fort Collins, make the BEST Navajo tacos you've ever imagined)

8 Things I look forward to:

1 - Owen coming home
2 - the wind stops blowing
3 - horse shows this summer
4 - the bread to be done in the bread machine
5 - Cecil finishes growing (his butt is 2" taller than his shoulders right now)
6 - Quickbooks coming out even for once (maybe this should be on the wish list)
7 - new fencing in the south pasture
8 - a new roof


8 Things on the Wish List:

1 - a border collie puppy
2 - a 3 horse slant load gooseneck horse trailer with living quarters for the long horse show weekends
3 - paddock boots that don't have enough heel to hurt my back
4 - a master bedroom suite
5 - a pair of jeans that fit right off the rack
6 - women's shirts that are wide enough in the shoulder so I don't rip the seams with my lats, but are fitted enough in the middle to not look like maternity shirts. Good luck with that one.
7 - better powers of visualization
8 - being done recuperating from the fall last spring

8 Odd things about me:

1 - I don't like chocolate
2 - I spend at least 3 hours at church on Sundays by choice
3 - I crave salt
4 - I'm allergic to everything. Jewelry, spices, most laundry detergents and soaps, perfumes...
5 - a half dose of generic pain meds last me twice as long as normal (so from a 4 hour ibuprofin, I take a half dose and it lasts 8 hours)
6 - I don't own nylons or stockings
7 - watching TV at home is not "right" without a dog snoring at my feet
8 - I read the Book of Mormon in 2 months every year. I start 11/1, read 10 pages every day, and finish Christmas Eve. This year is my 11th reading. I began this when the Relief Society ladies at church in Alpine Heights ward in WA in 1997 challenged the high school senior girls to try this and I've continued it every year since.

I hope you all feel enlightened by this glimpse into Kim's inner workings!

No comments: