Friday, August 3, 2012

Controversial Fair Lecture

Not sure what's going on in this picture, but it appears very dance-oriented.
Just a really fun costume and ride to a song about 5 different kinds of nachos.
She has a visor that says "Princess" and she's riding bareback with breeches and high boots under her dress.  That's my girl!

Her song was about waiting to kiss boys until you find a boy worth kissing.  Her "Prince Charming" is her horse.


This week is the county fair.  Two of my riding students competed in the musical freestyle while riding their horses and they did great.  In other county fair news, I entered my two most recent cross-stitches (the one of Major and the one of Thai with a dog).  I won two first place blue ribbons!  However, the most interesting portion of the competition was when I went in the wrong door to the building to check and see how I did.  I found myself behind a podium where a speaker was presenting a lecture on pickles, in my yoga pants and workout shirt having just come from the pilates studio.  I gave a brief smile and excused myself, then walked through the middle of the lecture to the back of the room where my cross-stitches were hanging on the wall with their blue ribbons.  Who knew pickles were such a controversial topic meriting their own lecture?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congratulations on your stitchery ribbons -- something to add to all of your horse-riding ribbons! (How about entering one of your ribbon quilts next time?)