Cecil's Nod to the Princess Bride
Cecil
may have beaten my Baby Cow with strength, he may have bested my Brown
Cow with speed, and the next cow to enter our place will have to avoid
falling victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which
is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less
well-known is this: "Never go against a "Cecilian" when mash is on the
line!
You guessed it: Cecil chased Brown Cow out of the paddock (I'm still not sure how he got out). I went out to feed this evening and Brown Cow was grazing along the road by his house at my neighbor's. The border collies helped me get him back to my place, but rather than reentering the pen with Cecil, Brown Cow elected to march through the marsh, then hop the barbed wire fence which put him back in his home pasture. Cecil was looking quite content when I gave him his supper, so I'm hoping we have tackled this! Next test will be to ride him over to the neighbor's or to haul him to the farrier's to look at groups of cattle.
No comments:
Post a Comment