Saturday, January 28, 2012

No Muppets Were Harmed

 Today Owen and I went into town to my favorite thrift store in old town.  I like that place because they will barter with you and are a lot cheaper than the goodwills in our area.  It's locally owned and the people are super nice.  I was needing more fabric for the bags and hats and decided it would be cheaper to buy stuff at the thrift store rather than new fabric at a fabric store.  I bought enough fabric to keep me busy for quite some time...  two large trash bags stuffed full, for $30. 
These are two of the bags, front and back sides.
No muppets were harmed in the creating of these bags, though a friend of mine is sure that I must have slaughtered a muppet for parts.  The purple ones are the same, I have one turned inside out so you can see the lining.
 Here is the Snoopy bag made from old pillowcases.  I had enough plaid leftover and found a zipper in the shopping bag so I made a little matching wallet.
 
My friend Kathy knit the blue hat, I figured out how to make bags with front pockets
More faux-muppet bags



No comments: