Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Farewell my friend


Today we had to say goodbye to a dear friend, Kia passed away this afternoon from pancreatitis. It was hard to come home to a house with no one to howl at us. She was a very special dog and we'll miss her.

5 comments:

Holly said...

What? I didn't know Kia was sick. Was this sudden? I am sorry for you loss.

Heidi and Robert said...

Oh, Kim--I'm so sorry. I know Kia was a special dog.

Kim said...

Thanks guys. It was really sudden.
She was totally fine on Sunday when we got back from Steamboat, then Monday she broke into a bag of dog food and we don't know how much she ate of the bag, and then started acting sick (I'll spare you the details). We did all the usual things for an upset dog stomach but nothing helped. When we took her to the vet her bloodwork looked really bad (liver failure, pancreas shutting down) and she was in so much pain we put her down. It's amazing the size of the hole a dog like her can leave in your life.

otherwhitney said...

I'm so sorry Kim. Thinking of you and Owen, Molly and Miles. This is one of the reasons I believe in heaven--because I need to believe that our beautiful animal friends are there watching over us.

Susan said...

It wouldn't be heaven without our loved ones -- and that includes beloved pets such as Kia. We are glad we were able to see her one more time -- she was a beautiful animal, and very blessed to have belonged to you and Owen.