Sunday, March 8, 2009

Say What?

Yesterday was spent tack shopping in town - I was attempting to sell some of my old stuff that I know I'll never use again at a used tack sale fundraiser for the CSU rodeo team. I unfortunately didn't sell anything, it wasn't well advertised and I don't think very well attended by those looking to purchase items.

On the other hand, since it was Bethnie and me with her daughter (age 4) we had some hilarious moments in the car. Her daughter, Phoenix, is always interrupting her when she's talking to another adult, so it's a pretty common thing to hear Bethnie saying, "do you hear me talking?" to Phoenix. As we were discussing something in the car Phoenix loudly interrupted us, Bethnie ignored her and continued our conversation, and Phoenix shouted, "Mommy, do you hear me TALKING?!"

Kia had a vet appointment too, and I offered to let Phoenix come in with me rather than Bethnie having to take her to Home Depot to run their errands if that would be easier for Bethnie. Bethnie responded no, that she'll bring Phoenix with her and pick up me and the dog when they were done. Phoenix piped up from the back, "No, I want to go with Kim!", to which Bethnie responded, "You're going to come with me to the store." Phoenix then declared, "Mommy, you're a big girl, you can do it yourself." Do you think she's heard that one before?

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is pretty darn cute, Kim!! I'm sure your friend has fun with all those little "BIG" girl comments!! Kids are funny- especially someone's!!

Schmitt Family said...

Oh my heavens, reminds me so much of Peyton lately.
I am learning daily how entertaining little kids can be. I have also learned that if I don't want someone to know something, don't talk about it around Peyton, because she tells people everything.

Alexis said...

I hope you were able to keep a straight face... or at least look away while you laughed!