Friday, February 13, 2009

Thoughts on the holiday

For those who don't know, Owen and I have always been indifferent to Valentine's day. We don't like the sales-based hallmark holiday demanding our lunch money, and both of us feel it is more important to love each other every day rather than go all out one day a year. I found this article, which I felt described our perspective quite well.


http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100627702

2 comments:

Alexis said...

In defense of Valentine's Day, I enjoy the excuse to bake cookies and hand out hand-made notes to friends and family. Frankly, I feel a little bad for Derek, because everyone outside the house usually gets a least as good of a Valentine's card/gift if not a better one than he does. Hallmark or any other cardmaker doesn't get my money. So, I'm with you on the basic idea.

Kim said...

I suppose that would work if I enjoyed baking cookies and making cards! :)