Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crisis Averted

We can still eat! This has been a stressful few weeks for me. On August 25, I was told that I was getting laid off from HP. Luckily for me, a "little birdy" told me I should start looking for another job back at the beginning of August. I immediately scrubbed my resume and applied for several jobs inside HP. I also sent it to some friends who forwarded it to some managers that might be hiring. One of those managers had a job opening, so I got an interview and today, I was offered a job. I will still be working for HP, but instead of working on printers, I will be working on network storage. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network-attached_storage for more information on network storage - it is a little technical). I actually went out to Beaverton, OR for the interview (some teams are in Beaverton, others are here in Ft. Collins - I'll be able to stay in Ft. Collins). The people I talked to really seem to enjoy the project they are working on, and their coworkers. From what I have learned, this looks like a very interesting project and should be a lot of fun. So, sometime around Monday (9/8), I should start working my new job! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Heidi and Robert said...

Congrats, Owen. I'm sure you breathed a sigh of relief once you got offered the job. And, thank goodness, you get to stay in Ft. Collins. Are you getting a pay raise? That's always nice with a new job.

Susan said...

Congratulations, Owen, on your new job. We are very glad you will be able to stay in Fort Collins -- we would miss all those lovely photos that Kim has been taking!

Holly said...

CONGRATULATIONS. How about a nice mountain bike ride on Sept. 13 to celebrate?