Monday, August 18, 2008

Name that Bug

Our willow tree has been very sad looking this year - not just because it's a "weeping willow' but it is actually weeping from spots where these beetle things have been getting it. These are the bugs - the epitome of disgusting.
Here is a close-up of a bug - any guesses for identification? It's about 0.5" long and 0.25" wide, you can see it dwarfs the ants also now eating the tree.
This is the entire sad willow.

2 comments:

otherwhitney said...

Kim,
Those gross bugs nearly triggered my gag reflex! Your poor willow. And the calico kitty does remind me of Marbles! Did you ever meet Schuyler, our kitten from Buddy Dog? She had her 13th birthday yesterday. My, we are getting old! Lots of love, Whitney

Kim said...

I can't believe Schuyler is 13! I do remember her, as well as Ranger and Mome, Kobe and Lilly. I haven't met anyone after that in person.