Kim and I went to Vancouver, WA last weekend. Her sister, Amber, had composed a piece that the Portland Columbia Symphony Orchestra was going to perform. I'm still amazed at how someone can write music that a whole symphony would play. There are so many instruments and writing something that blends them together is beyond me.
Over that weekend, I got to try some new food. I tried escargot for the first time. It was seasoned well and tender, but it isn't something I would probably order again. I also had ostrich. Wow! That was good! I was expecting something like chicken - it is a bird after all. But, it is a red meat like beef. Very tasty. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd have it again.
I'll try to get some pictures posted of the weekend.
1 comment:
That's really cool about Kim's sister. Did the horses do okay with y'all gone? I sent something to you yesterday for Holly's bday.
Post a Comment