Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Riding Evaluation

Imagining holding a beach ball between my belly and hands
 The Centered Riding method was developed by Sally Swift, who authored the books by that name.  I arrived early for the Instructor Certification so that I could be evaluated by a current CR instructor to ensure I can ride what I teach.  Lots of Centered Riding is visualization, though it works with other learning styles as well.  It is not discipline-specific, it includes all genres of riding.  I was the only eventer there, but there was a hunter/jumper from Canada, ranchers from KS, people who work with gaited horses in IL, and several trail riding and endurance people. 
I am an auditory and kinesthetic learner, so it helps me to explain concepts back to the instructor

Nearly square halt

Shoulder-in
Nice stretch
Very down stretchy trot

Observing symmetry in the mirrors

An arm exercise to help adjust shoulder asymmetry

No comments: