I'm pretty fast cross-stitching, and the kits at the craft stores don't last long enough. I frequent ebay and find patterns I like and purchase them there, then buy my own fabric and thread. This is my latest project, it is a stunning likeness to Major, my grey thoroughbred, with the same expression on his face and everything. I'm about 2/3 done with it, the unfinished part is his haunches and more background on the left. I included a close-up so you could see the different colors in the white of his face, total in this design there are 62 colors. I also included a photo of the back side, since recently I've met people who have complimented how that looks. I'm not sure why - it is kind of just a mess of thread, but I've been told it's a good thing to be able to see the patten in the back side.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Major Stitched
I'm pretty fast cross-stitching, and the kits at the craft stores don't last long enough. I frequent ebay and find patterns I like and purchase them there, then buy my own fabric and thread. This is my latest project, it is a stunning likeness to Major, my grey thoroughbred, with the same expression on his face and everything. I'm about 2/3 done with it, the unfinished part is his haunches and more background on the left. I included a close-up so you could see the different colors in the white of his face, total in this design there are 62 colors. I also included a photo of the back side, since recently I've met people who have complimented how that looks. I'm not sure why - it is kind of just a mess of thread, but I've been told it's a good thing to be able to see the patten in the back side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! You are amazing, Kim!! (When I first learned to embroider in 7th grade home ec, the teacher told us that "the back should look as good as the front.") No one will ever see it once it's framed, but just knowing that the back looks neat, too, is personally satisfying, don't you think? You are doing a beautiful job, front and back.
Post a Comment