
My working student in the new show shirt I found for her at a sale (a spectacular deal - $300 showmanship coat that doubles as an equitation shirt for $25!!)

One of our "show moms"

All the competitors in this leadline class were from our barn - 3 handlers, 3 riders, and 3 horses! A great bunch of people. We all enjoyed this show - I was preoccupied with Samson and making sure his (and thus my) day went well. But I did get to observe my stable in action! We had a large bunch of people there representing the barn and competing, helping each other out, cheering, and taking pictures. I felt like I really had "arrived" as a trainer when I saw all my folks able to safely and efficiently groom, tack, and compete with their horses without any assistance from me! I have the best bunch of clients and kids, independent and responsible people who can do anything necessary with the horses. I feel like they have been taught well, after seeing that show go so incredibly smoothly while I focused on Samson.
3 comments:
Are you guys in fire danger? I've heard of all the fires happening along the front range.
No - both fires have been south of us. We can see the smoke, but we're not in any danger.
It definitely was a good day -- a culmination of years of planning and working. Congratulations on your successes, Kim. You are an example to all of us of going forward with your dreams. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment