Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still here...

We're still alive and well. Owen was laid off, then re-hired, all with the same company in the last few weeks. He's now working for the same manager as he did when we lived in WA, just back to working remotely again. Better to be looking for a job while you're currently employed.

I'm really busy, teaching approximately 7 lessons each week (Cole is earning not only his own groceries, but also Cecil and Samson's!) I found a new hay supplier that has good quality hay for about half the price I've been paying - delivered. About 100 lb bales, so still manageable size and I'm pretty excited to have cut my hay bills in half! I also currently have 4 horses in full training, plus Cecil and Samson. Miles is busy busy harassing horses, cats, and the older dogs, and we have a new barn cat scheduled to arrive to begin mousing in the next week or so.

Owen and I have set a new record for early Christmas shopping - we began this week! I know to some of you this is not exactly EARLY - but for us it's a herculean effort. We're getting excited to see all the nieces and nephews at the holidays and we're hungry already for holiday food.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Glad Owen was rehired and that Kim's business is doing well. Hope to see you in our trucking travels.