I feel like it's not really a blog posting if I don't have pictures to display, but it occurred to me that people may be wondering is we're still around. Indeed we are, we have been busy, we have documented our adventures in photographs, but the technology for uploading pictures to the computer is not cooperating. Hence no photos.
Some of my activities include many many horseshows. I returned to the breed show circuit and went to an AQHA (American Quarter Horse Assoc.) show with a client horse. I don't know who thought of western show clothes, but it is ridiculous to me that people actually pay money to wear big rhinestone bedazzled collars and cuffs, ride in silver adorned saddles, and yet refuse to wear any kind of protective headgear. Even in the english classes. It all goes back to the staff member at the local tack shop who said, "if she HAD a brain she would want to protect it." The other, more local shows that are in my chosen disciplines are much more reasonable and fun. We've been cleaning up.
Owen got a bonus for being with the company for 5 years, and used it to buy a telescope. It's been on his wish list for some time now and he enjoyed researching the different kinds. Now he can see quite a ways, and he insists his new binoculars are for sighting stars and astronomical phenomena, not merely for spying on the neighbors. He's also been mountain biking a few times with Holly, but neither of them takes pictures so no documentation of that.
Our anniversary was a blast, I got Miles of course, and the actual day of our anniversary Owen and I went to a local open space area called Soapstone, Owen riding his bike and me riding Cecil. We did a 9 mile loop, most of it fairly fast since there were many free-range cattle on the prairie where we were riding and Cecil is still terrified of the horse-eating machines masquerading as herbivores. I would shout to Owen, "On your left!" as Cecil took off at a full sprint to get away from the cattle, and Owen would dive out of the way on his bike and catch up to us later. It was pretty exciting, and we had a blast.
More pictures to come as the camera is able to be plugged into the computer.
1 comment:
Congratulations! Kim, for your successes in the horse shows. Owen, for your 5-year bonus at HP. A telescope sounds great. Can you see Saturn?
Post a Comment